Finnish-To-English Translation & writing
Translating, writing & captioning
I will always be a writer first, no matter what else I end up doing. Communicating is my superpower and words are my fuel. I have recently translated my first academic monograph from Finnish to English, and I have done captioning work for the Finnish National Theatre. I write poetry and run poetry workshops in my spare time. Like all writers, my desk draws and Notes apps are filled with half-finished stories and ideas.
Translating Finnish plays and books into English
As a qualified British/Finnish writer, I have a proven track record of translating a wide range of texts into English from Finnish.
With an MA Distinction in English Literature (Bristol University) and experience as a project manager and editor, I am able to deal with complex translation and transcreation projects with ease.
I am primed for more creative translation work: poems, playtexts, creative work, brochures, bids, short stories, novels, etc.
Business and tech translation
With my unique mixture of bilingualism and biculturalism, I can bring a deep sense of understanding to the Finnish translation work that I do.
I see translation as an opportunity to consider branding, tone of voice, and cultural accuracy. There is no better feeling than successfully explaining a point of Finnish culture to a wider audience.
- Creative with an arts background meets digital native copywriter
- Finnish/English native speaker (I also speak fluent French and passable Spanish)
- BA English Literature, Exeter, MA English Literature Distinction, Bristol
- Bicultural and bilingual understanding
- Technical writer with extensive digital and marketing experience
- Project and client management/briefing in Finnish if required
- Proofreader & editor (used to managing up to 10-20 writers at a time)
- Heavily invested in technology, the arts, and culture (both sides of the Baltic Sea)
I also run poetry workshops (Finnish & English) to help people express themselves creatively, and I write about Finnish culture and literature in English (for fun).
Recent notable translation & writing projects:
Copywriter who specialises in all things digital, tech, and SEO for the Nordics. Also Finnish to English translation. Love B2B, tech and the arts.
Sign up for my bi-weekly newsletter for thoughts on poetry, digital creativity, and entrepreneurship.