Very excited to attend the London Book Fair in April 2023 with Timehouse! This will be my first LBF.
Things I am looking forward to:
- Networking/meeting people
- Seeing all the different categories: there are so many cool sectors represented, from tech to self-publishing…
- The atmosphere! I have heard from many people that it is a huge and buzzy event, and I expect to see lots of launches and (possibly) famous faces too.
I think an event like this really serves to inspire, unite, and hopefully challenge. This is a chance for us to come together and tackle some of the big issues facing the publishing and book industries right now. Things like:
- How can publishers foster genuine, authentic communities?
- How can we be better at dealing with data?
- What are some of the opportunities offered by AI, and how can we harness them?
Hopefully see some of you there & I will be updating this post with my thoughts & takeaways!