Is it just me, or do these over-the-top emails that pretend to be about market research (but are actually about selling you something), annoying? I can’t be alone in finding fake market research and other forms of ‘fake’ ways to get your attention as a marketing ploy frustrating. If you want something, be upfront about it. Don’t start a relationship under one premise and then rapidly try to shift gears.
Why ‘fake’ market research sucksHere is why you should think twice before considering this sales outreach tactic:
- It undermines real market research
- Taking up people’s time is OK, but do it well, do it for the right reasons, and do it with class
- It’s quite easy to see through the fakeness
- It undermines your personal brand
- It probably won’t bring many positive results.