OK, so it is not the only thing I learned about people from running my own agency, but it’s certainly one of the more resonating ones. Thanks to Peter Hoole for first introducing me to this idea a few years back. As an agency, you all have to be on the same journey. Why does being on the same journey as your team matter so much?
- You can’t love where there is no alignment (and you need love)
- You can’t grow without a path.
Advice for agency owners
- Find your journey
- Communicate it (CLEARLY)
- Ask your team what their journey is
- Make sure their journey aligns with yours
- Listen to your team: maybe they know best?
- Don’t be afraid to have difficult conversations if people and the agency start to grow apart.